- This event has passed.
September 20th & 21st, 2021 – W.O.R.K.S – Webinar
September 20, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
*This Training was Formerly Known as Making Employment Work!*
W: Work Incentives
K: Knowledge and
DESIGNED FOR SUPPORTED EMPLOYMENT STAFF, ACT TEAMS, & CONSUMERS & THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS.
Learn the facts that lead to informed choices about work and economic self sufficiency for individuals who receive Social Security disability benefits and associated health insurance! After completion of this webinar you should understand:
- The difference between Social Security disability benefit programs and eligibility criteria
- The difference between Medicare and Medicaid
- How work incentives can be used to temporarily safeguard benefits
- How work incentives can assist individuals with the transition to work and self-sufficiency
- What work incentive protections exist to maintain state and federal health insurance during employment
- The importance of benefits education and benefits counseling services to employment success rates
This training event will be held via WEBINAR.
The training event will be held in a two-part series:
Part I – September 20, 2021 – 9:30am – 12:30pm
Part II – September 21, 2021 – 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Full participation in BOTH Part I and Part II and completion of a post-training assessment with a passing score are mandatory to obtain a Certificate of Proficiency (COP)! You MUST also be able to participate in the web-based webinar, there is no “phone-in” option for this training. *Please note that we are not currently offering CEU’s for this training.
*Please note, individual pre-registration is mandatory for participation. Several days prior to the event you will receive a confirmation email. You MUST follow the link contained in the email and enter your full name and email address to register through the Zoom platform. After doing so, you will receive a link for the first day only. You will receive a link for the second day following confirmed completion of the first day.