- This event has passed.
October 25th and 29th, 2021–W.O.R.K.S!–Webinar
October 25, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
*This Training was Formerly Known as Making Employment Work!*
W: Work Incentives
K: Knowledge and
DESIGNED FOR SUPPORTED EMPLOYMENT STAFF; ACT TEAMS; AND CONSUMERS & THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS.
Learn the facts that lead to informed choices about work and economic self sufficiency for individuals who receive Social Security disability benefits and associated health insurance! After completion of this webinar you should understand:
- The difference between Social Security disability benefit programs and eligibility criteria
- The difference between Medicare and Medicaid
- How work incentives can be used to temporarily safeguard benefits
- How work incentives can assist individuals with the transition to work and self-sufficiency
- What work incentive protections exist to maintain state and federal health insurance during employment
- The importance of benefits education and benefits counseling services to employment success rates
This training event will be held via WEBINAR.
The training event will be held in a two-part series:
Part I – October 25, 2021 – 9:30am – 12:30pm
Part II – October 29, 2021 – 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Full attendance and participation in BOTH Part I and Part II and completion of a post-training assessment with a passing score of 80% are mandatory to obtain a Certificate of Proficiency (COP) or Continuing Education Units (CEUs)!
- You MUST be able to participate in the web-based webinar, there is no “phone-in” option for this training.
- This training is FREE to attend. Only those needing a CEU certificate will have to pay a fee for the credits.
***We are happy to announce that we are able to offer CEUs on this training for Social Workers and Licensed Professional Counselors. Although this training is free for anyone who wants to register, if you require Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) there will be a $45 fee. You must select the CEU box during registration and an invoice will be emailed to you for payment. Invoices for CEU’s will be mailed to you within 48 hours of your registration. Payment must be received before the end of Day 2 to be eligible for a CEU!***
Salisbury University School of Social Work is authorized by the the Board of Social Work Examiners in Maryland to sponsor social work continuing education learning activities and maintains full responsibility for this program. This training qualifies for 5.5 Category I Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
This course has been approved by the Maryland Addiction and Behavioral Health Professionals Certification Board (MABPCB) for 5.5 total CEU hours. This constitutes 1 hour in Advocacy and 4.5 hours in Mentoring and Education.
*Please note, individual pre-registration is mandatory for participation. Several days prior to the event you will receive a confirmation email. You MUST follow the link contained in the email and enter your full name and email address to register through the Zoom platform. After doing so, you will receive a link for the first day only. You will receive a link for the second day following confirmed completion of the first day.