Our sister organization, the Maryland Employment Network, is currently looking to hire a Career Consultant. Here’s all the wonderful things they have to say about the position:
This full-time, contractual position is highly independent and requires that candidates have prior experience providing services to individuals living with disabilities. Specifically, candidates must have experience placing individuals into competitive jobs, and/or providing Social Security benefits counseling/planning. Candidates who hold a current benefits counseling certification from Virginia Commonwealth University or Cornell University are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is full-time contractual. As such, no benefits such as health insurance or retirement plans are offered. We offer remote work, flexible scheduling, a competitive salary, time-off, and professional development opportunities!
Primary functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
– Promoting the benefits of employing individuals with disabilities to businesses, which may include job coaching, tax credits and on-the-job training financial incentives.
– Working individually with beneficiaries to enhance job placements which match their qualifications, interests, preferences, and needs to available job openings.
– Providing follow along supports to employed individuals assigned directly to the MD-EN, including regular communication, problem-solving, benefits counseling support, and advocacy to assist individuals with maintaining employment.
The ideal candidate must have:
· Extensive experience in providing employment services to individuals with disabilities.
· Strong communication skills to effectively advocate for individuals with disabilities within the business community and to interact effectively with the individuals served by MD-EN.
· Skills and knowledge in performing job development activities to include resume development, identifying and negotiating potential jobs, and facilitating successful job placements.
· Ability to provide effective ongoing supports to assist individuals with maintaining employment.
· Ability to provide effective services in a manner that is convenient and accessible for beneficiaries throughout Maryland.
If you’re interested you can apply here: Employment Services Provider – Columbia, MD – Indeed.com