W: Work Incentives
K: Knowledge and
DESIGNED FOR SUPPORTED EMPLOYMENT STAFF; ACT TEAMS; AND CONSUMERS & THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS.
Learn the facts that lead to informed choices about work and economic self sufficiency for individuals who receive Social Security disability benefits and associated health insurance! After completion of this webinar you should understand:
- The difference between Social Security disability benefit programs and eligibility criteria
- The difference between Medicare and Medicaid
- How work incentives can be used to temporarily safeguard benefits
- How work incentives can assist individuals with the transition to work and self-sufficiency
- What work incentive protections exist to maintain state and federal health insurance during employment
- The importance of benefits education and benefits counseling services to employment success rates
This training event will be held via WEBINAR. Please use the link below to register for the Zoom Event.
The training event will be held in a two-part series:
Part I – Monday, June 27, 2022 – 9:30am – 12:30pm
Part II – Tuesday, June 28, 2022 – 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Full attendance and participation in BOTH Part I and Part II and completion of a post-training assessment with a passing score of 80% are mandatory to obtain a Certificate of Proficiency (COP)!
- You MUST be able to participate in the web-based webinar, there is no “phone-in” option for this training.
- This training is FREE to attend!
- *Please note, individual pre-registration is mandatory for participation*
This course is sponsored by the Maryland Behavioral Health Administration. This course has been approved by the Maryland Addiction and Behavioral Health Professionals Certification Board (MABPCB) for 5.5 total CEU hours. This constitutes 1 hour in Advocacy and 4.5 hours in Mentoring and Education.